A house fire in Benton County seems to have been caused by a box fan. The fan overheated and caused a fire in the kitchen of the home. Luckily, the fire was limited to the kitchen and didn't spread far beyond, and thankfully no one was home. However, the fire could have possibly been avoided if the fan was replaced with a fully working model, and not left on while no one was home.

This is a good reminder during the hot days to come to make sure all fans and cooling devices are in good working order, and replaced is necessary. Also, leaving fans on while no one is at home can be a risk as well, so take care in the hot days to come!