The Benton Franklin Health District continues to investigate a possible norovirus problem at the Casa Mia restaurant in Kennewick.

Norovirus has NOT been confirmed by the Benton Franklin Health District at the Kennewick Casa Mia as of this writing.

The health district first received a call, then an online submission about people getting sick after eating there. When two or more notices are received, an investigation is conducted.

After a voluntary closing on June 25th, health district officials educated and trained the staff about norovirus, and then after a thorough cleaning, the restaurant reopened June 27th.

According to the CDC, norovirus is a very contagious virus that causes vomiting and diarrhea. You can get norovirus from having direct contact with an infected person, consuming contaminated food or water or touching contaminated surfaces then putting your unwashed hands in your mouth.

If you think you got sick after eating out, you can click here to report it to the health district online, or call 509-460-4205.

Source.