If you're having a problem getting something fixed in your rental home/apartment, here's a neat trick: 

  • Write down a list of things that you need fixed.
  • Give that list to your landlord.
  • Give your landlord a month to make the required fixes.
  • If your landlord won't make the fix, go to your courthouse and ask about "rent escrow."